Re: Names for symbols

Subject: Re: Names for symbols
From: Linda Anderson <lindaa -at- PC-SERV1 -dot- EMTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 10:06:42 -0700

Sue,
Back in the dark ages when I was growing up, # was always used as an
abbreviation for pound (or lb.), so I would GUESS it's a hold-over from
that. Any other theories out there? I'm really curious about this.

Linda

In hearing, there is wisdom. In speaking, repentance.
Confucius

EMTEK Health Care Systems
Tempe, Arizona
USA