Re: STC attendees reactions to SGML sessions

Subject: Re: STC attendees reactions to SGML sessions
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 10:12:16 EDT

I've received six responses from various people who attended SGML sessions at
the STC conference. The reactions are evenly split between those who thought
they were worthwhile and those who didn't.

Negative reactions included: poor presentation skills by some of the speakers,
obviously commercial slants by speakers who were also vendors, and the lack of
practical demonstrations of how SGML would, could or should work.

Positive reactions included: honesty and frankness about the difficulties by
those who had been through SGML projects, and presentations targeted for
writers instead of technical implementators.
If I get more info, I'll post a revised summary.

Best regards,

/chet

---
Chet Ensign Phone: (908) 771-9221
Director, Electronic Publishing Email: chet -at- lds -dot- com
Logical Design Solutions, Inc. Email(home): censign -at- interserv -dot- com