ISBN numbers

Subject: ISBN numbers
From: Rick Klopp <rklopp -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 14:19:57 CST

The International ISBN Agency allocates groups of
ISBN numbers to national and regional ISBN agencies.
Those agencies in turn allocate numbers to publishers.
**Publishers are responsible for assigning title numbers
to the individual items they publish.** Thus, ask the
publisher of your book for the number.

You can contact the International ISBN Agency at:

International ISBN Agency
Staatsbibliothek Preussischer Kulturbesitz
Potsdamerstrasse 33
D-1000 Berlin 30
Tel: (030) 266 23 38
Fax: (030) 266 28 14

ISO 2108 is the recognized standard for ISBN numbering.

Rick Klopp
Speech Recognition Information Development
IBM Austria - Vienna Software Development Laboratory
ID: rklopp -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
Disclaimer: my views are my own, not my employer's.