Online documentation

Subject: Online documentation
From: Lisa Hodge <lisa -dot- hodge -at- OCTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 May 1995 18:37:40 GMT

We are currently in the early stages of planning our online doc
project. We're looking for some feedback from those of you who have
already been through the process.

1. Did you replace your paper doc or continue to provide paper doc
as a supplement to the online system? If you still provide paper doc
to your users, is it a full-blown set or a condensed version?

2. Were your users receptive to the change to online doc?

3. Did you provide the online information as part of the help system,
or did you convert the documentation so that it could be viewed online
(e.g., Adobe Acrobat)? What tool did you use?

4. Did you hire a consultant, or were you brave enough to tackle the
project on your own? If you did the work yourself, how much of a
learning curve did you encounter? Any recommendations on training?

Thanks for your help!

Lisa Hodge