Re: User documentation: tip sheets

Subject: Re: User documentation: tip sheets
From: James Mathewson <math0038 -at- GOLD -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 11:40:05 -0500

Peggy Thompson asked about the use of tip sheets to supplement/replace
user manuals.

As a user, I've always been enamored with tip sheets. But there is a
limit to how many I'm willing to flip through. I think these should be
kept to the very basics (e.g. keyboard shortcuts) and should not be
produced for more advanced features of the application (e.g. macros). The
best are those that fit right on the keyboard and can be easily
referenced. (QuarkXpress has an excellent keyboard attachment.)

Hope this helps

james {:>3