Greetings and educational advice...

Subject: Greetings and educational advice...
From: Matt Wiseley <mwiseley -at- ULTRANET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 08:16:31 -0400

Hello everyone,

I'm a student in technical writing and currently working as an intern at a
software company. I've only been on this list for a few days, and I've
already extracted some very valuable information.

I'm in the process of designing my major (my school doesn't offer it, so I
have to do it myself) and need some tips on thinking up four independent
study courses. If anyone has any ideas on books, tools, or materials they
think essential in learning any of the following, please let me know:

o Multimedia authoring: Director and others?
o Understanding and using C++ and/or VB in a technical writer's capacity
o Human factors in computing/UI design, etc.
o Hypertext/online doc design principals etc.
o Any other ideas for special topics study are welcome.

Basically, I need to design four independent study courses for approval by
a faculty sponsor. Any ideas on what kind of projects or end-of-semester
goals in any of these topics would also be very helpfull.

Thanks a bunch in advance,

Matt Wiseley

mwiseley -at- ultranet -dot- com

mwiseley -at- banyan -dot- com

http://www.ultranet.com/~mwiseley

"...Peyote solitudes of halls, backyard green tree cemetery
dawns, wine drunkenness over the rooftops, storefront
boroughs of teahead joyride neon blinking traffic light,
sun and moon and tree vibrations in the roaring winter
dusks of Brooklyn, ashcan rantings and kind king light
of mind..."
-Ginsberg