Re: What are we in French?

Subject: Re: What are we in French?
From: Carla Lotito <lotitoc -at- BERCLAIN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 09:56:33 -0400

Sorry Lori but writer as you said "ecrivien" does not exist.

The proper spelling in French for writer is "ecrivain" (with an accent aigue
on first e) and "ecrivaine" in the feminine.

However, the official term for technical writer is "redacteur technique
(masculine " or "redactrice technique (feminine)".

user's guide is "guide d'usager"

software is "logiciel"

manual is "guide" or "manuel"

the computer field is "l'informatique"