Re[2]: In & Under & Taxes CORRECTION

Subject: Re[2]: In & Under & Taxes CORRECTION
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 16:36:00 -0600

Au contraire, Stephen Victor did not write the above. He merely quoted
it. Indeed, he too wondered why the writer was under the impression that
taxes had been raised during the Reagan administration, since the
hallmark of that administration was tax cutting (along with military
spending).

Well, not that I wrote the original, and not intending a flame war but merely
pointing out actual facts: *my* personal income taxes *increased* after the
fabled tax reduction from the Gipper. Again, this is simply a report of an
actual observed fact, not a judgement of the worth or lack of worth of a
particular administration. Although the temptation is to speculate that the
reason this fact occurred is that I wasn't making enough money to qualify for
the tax cut is strong, I will refrain from doing so. :{>}

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124