Taxes

Subject: Taxes
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 08:52:56 -0700

>"Taxes were cut under the Reagan administration."

This may have been true for you, but those of us who work for a living got
hit with a whopping increase in social security taxes. As a self-employed
consultant, I paid nearly twice as much in self-employment taxes (form 1040,
line 47) as I did in income tax (line 46).

If you're an employee, you pay a little less, since your employer pays some
of that. You may not notice how big your part is, because you pay it
"painlessly" through withholding. ...RM

Dr. Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Vice President, STC Berkeley Chapter