Customer or User?

Subject: Customer or User?
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Sun, 21 May 1995 06:30:51 EDT

On Fri, 19 May 1995 10:07:00 -0400 you wrote:

> Second, how can we distinguish between customers and users? A new TQM
> group here is trying to determine exactly who our documents are written
> for, and the definitions are important. Are we just playing with words
> or do you see a real difference?

A User is someone who uses your product. A Customer is someone who pays for
it. In most single-user sitautions, they're one and the same. In corporate
environments, the two may never meet.

Or am I overly-simplifying things?

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN Internet mion -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.musicwest.com/1040bbs/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446