Re: review

Subject: Re: review
From: Jim Grey <jimgrey -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 07:38:00 EST

Roy Johnson, in his review of Nicholas Negroponte's book, said:
>In fact the book is produced on paper of such poor
>quality that you can read the print on both sides at once. [It's not
>clear if this is a high-tech device or an ironic comment from the
>publishers.]

This is probably a function of currently outrageously high paper prices.
The cost of paper has shot up since last fall, slicing publishers' margins,
if you'll pardon me, paper-thin. At IDG Books, we've investigated several
avenues to reduce our suddenly exorbitant paper costs, I'm sure including
using cheap, thin stock. We still use decent-quality paper, though.

Peace,
jim grey
--
jim grey |beebeebumbleandthestingersmottthehoopleraycharlessingers
jimgrey -at- iquest -dot- net|lonniemackandtwangin'eddiehere'smyringwe'regoingsteadyta