Re: Login or Logon?

Subject: Re: Login or Logon?
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 00:37:13 GMT

Various people:

-> >Do we:
-> >Log in or on?
-> >Log out or off?

-> I've seen both. I don't know any formal distinctions, but here's
-> how I've heard them used:

This came up as a UI/documentation issue, since nobody to that point had
used any consistent set of terms. We arrived at "Logon/Logoff", since it
seemed logical for what we were doing (BBS and communication software).
We have now standardized all our screens, help and printed
documentation.

Customers are sometimes literal-minded enough to think that "logging in"
just might be a different procedure from "logging on", and become
worried <g>

Cheers, @DISCLAIMER@
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
MSI * Connecting the world 805-873-2500