Re: Word, Snails and Thankyous

Subject: Re: Word, Snails and Thankyous
From: Marcia Coulter <notjust -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 09:06:41 -0700

Peter Boothby (<pwboo -at- BOB -dot- KNOWARE -dot- NL>) wrote:

>Dear All,
> I would like to thank all of you who sent messages of
>condolences, support and tips to me in response to my plight with
>Word 6.0. ... I'll take the following course of action:

>- divide the chapters up into files
>- compile the toc and index with RD fields (thanks Sue)
>- size the TIFF images outside of Word
>- link the TIFFs (rather than embedding)
>- put in the cross references by hand
>- try converting to GIF from TIFF to save space
>- steer well clear of master documents!

Just one more thought. Automatic cross-referencing *within a chapter*
is still very possible, as long as you abide by the following rules:

* Include only one chapter in a file
* Use the Cross-reference option on the Insert menu
* For individually numbered chapters (i.e., 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2,
etc.), either hard code the chapter or use a sequence code.

References to material outside the file must still be done
automatically.

Marcia Coulter
notjust -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com