graphics questions

Subject: graphics questions
From: Ed Glennon <ed -at- RASNA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 18:07:36 PDT

I have two graphics-related questions that I'm hoping some of you have
encountered:

1. We do screen captures on UNIX machines (Sun mostly) that we use in
our printed and online documentation. But in the PC version of our
software product (running on Windows NT), the graphics look bad. Lines
are missing, images don't have consistent density and aren't sharp,
etc. I guess the difference in resolution between a Sun or HP
workstation and a PC is what causes the problem.

Most of our graphics are b&w xwd files, although I've tried tiff files
as well with similar results.

Does anyone have any advice of how to generate screen captures on a
UNIX platform that will have an acceptable appearance on the PC?

2. We just got Adobe Illustrator for the Sun, and I received some
Illustrator files that were created on a Mac and then placed on a DOS
floppy. Sun SPARCs can read DOS floppies, so I just copied it onto the
Sun. But the Sun version of Illustrator can't read the files.

Has anyone ever encountered anything like this with Illustrator? Do
you know of any workaround, or something that I might be doing wrong?

I appreciate your help.

Ed Glennon
Rasna Corp.
San Jose, CA