Office Jargon

Subject: Office Jargon
From: Marcia Coulter <notjust -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 19:14:33 -0700

Scott Browne <sbrowne -at- UNICOMP -dot- NET> wrote:

> Re: One-word oxymoron - (better late...)

>. . . than never? Well, many may disagree with that and many may wish
>I had finaly let this thread die. But it suddenly struck me over the
>Memorial Day weekend while watching old Monty Python skits and I
>decided I may as well spit it out. So, how about:

>Palindrome

Each office has its own jargon, its own "catch phrases." Often these
words or phrases say more than people intend about the local culture.

For example, one place I worked (long ago and far away) had a
manufactured oxymoron as a part of its jargon. Over and over they
talked about the need to "re-finalize" something.

Arghhh! --- But truly representative of what went on in that office!

Marcia Coulter
notjust -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com