Re: Definitely Defiant

Subject: Re: Definitely Defiant
From: Catherine Dinno <TWPenner -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 16:14:42 -0400

Hello, I am new to this List. Just thought I'd toss an opinion on the SUBJ.
thread.

"The "Defini/ately and Egnlish teachers" thread has worked its way around
our list for the past few days. Yesterday, a former lurker "delurked" and
suggested that engineers had been damaged by 12+ years of poorly taught
English."

"Although I have a tendancy to agree with those who think that we learned
all the grammar we could by 8th grade, it has been my experience that two
students, sitting in the same class, receiving the same instruction, often
receive different grades..."

Each person learns from a different perspective (auditory, visual,
kinesthetic, etc.) and at different rates (learning disabled, dyslexic,
gifted underachiever, etc.). Hence the different grades received on the same
topic. My statement is simplistic for this forum.

TWPenner -at- aol -dot- com (Catherine Dinno)