[Fwd: Re: Trademarks as modifiers, not nouns]

Subject: [Fwd: Re: Trademarks as modifiers, not nouns]
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 20:29:40 GMT

-> > The issue has come up in real life with trademarks like Kleenex,
-> > Thermos, and Zipper.
->
-> Don't forget Xerox, Velcro, Aspirin (and a wide range of other drugs
-> and their generic counterparts)... wasn't "P.C." originally an IBM
-> trademark?
-> There's an amusing text file floating around about Microsoft plans to
-> copyright the name "BOB" :-)

Don't laugh too hard. I have it on reasonably good authority (a legal
librarian with time on her hands) that a certain California church has
trademarked the words "FREEDOM" and "REALITY". Email me privately if
you're interested in the details ...

Cheers, @DISCLAIMER@
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
MSI * Connecting the world 805-873-2500