Re: OED?

Subject: Re: OED?
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- LGC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 17:34:04 CDT

> I just saw the OED listed as a writer's reference material. I have seen
> a couple people refer to it in the last few weeks.

> What I want to know is . . .

> How many of you writers out there *really* have access to one? (short of
> going to the public library in a large city) I live in a small town and
> don't have access to one. I have eagerly awaited its transferral onto
> CD-ROM, but I understand it costs $900 or so, and I can't justify this
> kind of cost. I had easy access to the OED in college, and I miss it.

> Sherrill

I got a copy of OED several years ago when I subscribed to the Book of the Month
Club. The entire set had been reduced to two bulky volumes, which were packaged
with a magnifying glass (the only way you can read the tiny text). Needless to
say, I rarely use my OED. :) I believe this is still offered as an incentive to
join the Club.

Stephen P. Victor svictor -at- lgc -dot- com
Landmark Graphics Corporation http://www.cda.ulpgc.es/steve.html
15150 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77009 USA