Re: Howard's offer to show us his OED

Subject: Re: Howard's offer to show us his OED
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 23:38:37 -0700

Patrick O'Connell said:
> P.S. Seriously, folks, having a no-fee publicly available version of the
> OED on the Net would be nice indeed, although personally I've only
> referred to the dead-tree edition once -- and it was someone else's copy.
> ANY Net-accessible dictionary would be nice!

I used to use net-available dictionaries, but they're an endangered
species now, due to crackdowns on copyright violations. There is no
net-available version of the OED any more, and while there have been
Websters available from time to time, I no longer have any addressd
for one that works.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com