Re: How do you spell "unreproducible" ?

Subject: Re: How do you spell "unreproducible" ?
From: "Matthew B. Hicks" <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 1995 14:03:16 -0600

On Thu, 8 Jun 1995, Arthur Comings wrote:

> I've got a great programmer-generated error message, "Requested item
> contained on unreproducible media." Of course, it refers to only a

I'm thinking it should be "irreproducible" as in "The Journal of
Irreproducible Results". Or perhaps "nonreproducible". But I also question
whether any formation of "reproduce" is really what is meant here. Do they
mean that the information can't be read? Is the storage device unmountable?
Is this message less cryptic in the context of the program's working
environment? I think you might need to rewrite the message altogether.

Good luck.

Matt Hicks

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * I may not agree with what you
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* say, but I'll defend to the
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* death my right to mock you.