What to call us: I like "information developers"

Subject: What to call us: I like "information developers"
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 06:53:17 -0400

For computer-industry writers this would, I think, help to gain
much-needed parity with software developers. Of course, I'm assuming
experiences similar to my own on the part of techwhirlers in the
computer industry. From what I've read here in the category of
spleen-venting, that's a pretty safe assumption. ;-)

Where I work programmers/software developers are typically just called
engineers because in most Quebec (and possibly Canadian) universities the
Comp. Sci. and Engineering departments are in the same faculty, i.e.,
essentially they are the same department. Hence I wouldn't be opposed to
"information engineer," either.

If it helps us get taken more seriously, I'm all for it!

Pat
titanide -at- micro -dot- org