Re: I really like Word...

Subject: Re: I really like Word...
From: Marcia Coulter <notjust -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 19:06:53 -0700

douglas_thayer <douglas_thayer -at- SMTPLINK -dot- SYSCOM -dot- COM -dot- TW> wrote:

> ...but we are still finding problems. This time, when we make
> local changes to a paragraph but do not redefine the paragraph's
> style (in other words, we override attributes of the applied
> style), the changes are discarded the next time we open the
> file. This used to be so simple in Word 2.0...

Can't say for absolutely certain, but I think I know what the problem
is. If I'm right, following these steps will fix it. If I'm wrong,
well..Give me some more details and maybe I can still help.

1. On the File menu, select Templates. The Templates and Add-ins window
appears.

2. Make sure that the option "Automatically Update Document Styles" is
*not* selected.

3. Click OK.

That's it. If the option in question *is* selected, every time you open
the document the style reverts to what's defined in the attached style
sheet(s).

Good luck.

Marcia Coulter
notjust -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com