Age Difference and Indians

Subject: Age Difference and Indians
From: Bvollbach -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 1995 23:42:35 -0400

"pretty little head" reference must have been my age, and the person who
minded must not have been: I'm in my 30s, the person who didn't mind is in
her 40s, and the person who minded is in her 50s. So you thought I must be
an old lady to say such a politically incorrect thing?

And in reply to Patrick's comment on the ridiculousness of calling American
Indians "Indians," since they aren't from India: I believe that was an
understandable mistake. It's been a long time since I heard the story, but
as I recall, Columbus and his crew thought they had reached India when they
got here. So the name stuck. Big deal.

Beth Vollbach