Salary Histories

Subject: Salary Histories
From: Michael Uhl <uhl -at- VISLAB -dot- EPA -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 07:00:10 -0400

I fail to see why so many of my TECHWR-L colleagues are concerned with
the issue of salary histories. If a prospective employer wants to know
my salary history, I do not give it. Rather, in the cover letter, I let
them know what salary I seek to earn. Neither party wastes time; we
both know where we stand.

Michael Andrew Uhl Internet: uhl -at- vislab -dot- epa -dot- gov
Lead Technical Writer Compuserve: 72624,2155
Scientific Visualization Center (SVC) & Phone: (919) 541-4283 [W]
National Environmental Fax: (919) 361-9464 [H]
Supercomputing Center (NESC) ftp site: ftp.nesc.epa.gov
EPA/Martin Marietta Technical Services Inc.
79 Alexander Drive MD 24/4201-2
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709