Re: QUERY: Cascading Graphics

Subject: Re: QUERY: Cascading Graphics
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 1995 10:02:29 -0700

Josee writes...

> I need your help. I need to create a figure where I have 3 cascading
> windows. I captured them individually as .BMP (they are modal and can't
> cascade them before capturing).

> I tried different options, but all failed to give me appropriate results:
> 1. CorelDraw! and CorelPaint! 5.0 give me a patchwork background for the
> windows.
> 2. PaintBrush gives me transparent fields background (so I actually see the
> underlying windows thru them). Yuk!
> 3. Tried LViewPro 1.B but I seem to have a problem setting the background
> color for the page (it's red and I get rid of it). Yuk again.
> 4. Tried to cascade them directly in Word without success.

Josee, you're on the right track with PaintBrush. The only problem is
that because your background is white, all the white pixels on the
screenshot become transparent. You have two options...

1. You can fill all the white pixels in the screenshot with
another color, then tile the screens, then replace that other
color with white. I find that very light cream color at the
far right end of the color pallet very useful for this kind
of thing -- and it's light enough that you don't really have
to change it back to white.

2. You can change the background color to something that isn't
in the screen shots before you move them one over another.The
problem you'll have here is that you'll need to be very careful
not to include a white border around the image.

Happy Painting!

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com