Contract writing

Subject: Contract writing
From: Lori Holman <1179 -at- MN2 -dot- LAWSON -dot- LAWSON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 1995 15:32:00 CDT

Can I get some comments about contract writing?

I've never been a contract writer myself, but I'd like to know more about
what it's like, what a contact house looks for in a writer (tool knowledge
and experience), what kind of hours you're expected to work, whether you can
work part of the time from home, and so on.

If you're an independent contractor, I'd like to know how you got started
and what advice do you have for someone who's considering that career path
(dream)? What kind of experience and tool knowledge do you recommend (what
do clients expect)? How do you get your work? What problems do you have?
Any good books on the topic?

Thanks.