Re: insoft-l Fwd: NEW PROPOSED STANDARD ON ALPHANUMERICAL SORTING (fwd)

Subject: Re: insoft-l Fwd: NEW PROPOSED STANDARD ON ALPHANUMERICAL SORTING (fwd)
From: "Sevigny, Josee" <joseey -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 10:45:31 -0400

Hi Nancy,

I agree with the effort to standardized sorting rules. My opinion is that is
should include all international characters as well. The 7-bit ASCII is long
overdue since it can't include or otherwise transmit the international
char.set. I'm always annoyed when my name gets to the end of the "S" list
because the 2nd letter of my name is e acute (130), or worse, to the
beginning of the list if it's all caps (201, actually I don't understand why
it would...).

I strongly recommend including all international characters. Hence the fact
that Internet is quite international.
(o o)
Josee Sevigny Technical Writer
joseey -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca
M3i Systems Inc., Longueuil, QC