WWW job sites -- perused last night -- MA happening for TW's!

Subject: WWW job sites -- perused last night -- MA happening for TW's!
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 12:23:48 -0400

Honest to God. I mean, *the* happeningest place for TW's doing
computer-industry tech. writing is probably Silicon Valley -- which makes
obvious sense. But *Massacheussetts*?

No offense intended to Massacheussetians (sp?), but I'm trying to figure
out what attracts high-tech industry to this particular state. I was
considering a position in NH last year and asked for feedback; a couple of
people referred to Mass. as "Taxacheussetts," apparently because of
high...income tax rates? Sales tax rates?

I'm guessing industries fare better, taxation-wise, than individuals in
Mass. Or maybe it's something completely unrelated, perhaps just a
inexplicable trend (one company settles or relocates there, others get
ideas, snowball effect). Anyone?

For those interested, the servers I was perusing are:

The Monster Board: http://www.monster.com (graphical Websurfers may want
to turn off auto-downloading off inline graphics for this one)

E-Span: http://www.espan.com (I think)

These are two of the better-known ones, but they're just the *tip of the
iceberg* with respect to Web-based job-related sites. A search of the
well-known Lycos Web databse for "job" would, I think, prove interesting
indeed.

PatO'
titanide -at- micro -dot- org