Re: WWW job sites -- perused last night -- MA happening for TW's!

Subject: Re: WWW job sites -- perused last night -- MA happening for TW's!
From: Joe Fockler <jfockler -at- IPHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 12:31:23 -0500

Matthew B. Hicks writes:

+ On Wed, 14 Jun 1995, Patrick O'Connell wrote:

[Good stuff from Patrick O'Connell hyperspaced ...]
+ > No offense intended to Massacheussetians (sp?), but I'm trying to figure
+ > out what attracts high-tech industry to this particular state. I was

+ My guess would be that Massoffruitpits is attractive to business because
+ of the large number of colleges and universities that are located in the
+ state, particularly in the Boston area, as well as in nearby states. In
+ particular, powerhouse schools like Harvard and MIT provide a rich source
+ of talented employees. Some of these high-tech firms have probably even
+ been started by MIT grads or those of other Mass schools.

+ Other plusses might include a large base of corporate consumers eager
+ for high-tech solutions to business problems. I'm sure that there are
+ other reasons for the concentration, some of which doubtless predate the
+ undesirable tax situation.

+ -Matt Hicks (who had an unsuccessful stint at MIT himself)

... and proximity to the major financial centers, Washington DC, Military
decision centers ...

Matt summed it up.