Re: WW2 phonetic alphabet

Subject: Re: WW2 phonetic alphabet
From: "Cheverie, Paul [Cont]" <paul -dot- cheverie -at- CANADA -dot- CDEV -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 1995 14:12:00 EDT

The new one goes like this ; alpha, bravo, charlie, delta, echo, foxtrot,
gulf, hotel, india, juliet, kilo, lima, mike, november, oscar, papa, quebec,
romeo, sierra, tango, uniform, victor, whiskey, x-ray, yankee, zulu
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: WW2 phonetic alphabet
Date: Thursday, June 15, 1995 12:00PM

Since this thread is still hanging around, I offer the following message
that
my father-in-law sent to me.

--LaVonna lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com
-------
I would call it a phonetic alphabet and the first version was used in WW2.

It was able, baker, charlie, dog, easy, fox, george, how, item, jig, king,
love, mike, nan, oboe, peter, queen, roger, sugar, tare, uncle, victor,
william, x-ray, yoke, and zebra. The purpose was to clarify radio
transmissions. This was still in use when I was in the Navy. I'm not
sure I could recall all of the new one.

Gordon