Re: Contract Work or No Contract Work?

Subject: Re: Contract Work or No Contract Work?
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 1995 14:49:30 -0700

Rose Wilcox said:
> >Do you have to go through an agency to get work?

> Not necessarily, but it is less effort than marketing yourself.

I recently changed careers, and I found that agencies wouldn't touch
me. I'm too hard to categorize, so it's not easy for them to sell me
to clients. All the jobs I've gotten have been through my own
networking.

I like the variety of contracting *a lot*. And I like working partly
at home and partly on site.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com