Re: Converting publications to Web pages

Subject: Re: Converting publications to Web pages
From: "Kathryn E. Leventhal-Arnold" <kleve -at- HILCO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 14:38:01 CDT

> In answer to LaVonna's question:

> We've recently converted a large document (three sections and five appendixes)
> to Web pages for distribution inside the firewall. I was able to break the
<snip>

> Murrie Burgan, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
> murrie -dot- burgan -at- jhuapl -dot- edu

Murrie,

What tools did you use to do this? How did you decide on a tool?
I'm swamped with possibilities. Every time I look on the Web I find
another tool at a different price with a different claim about what
it does.

I'm supposed to make a suggestion, eventually as to what we'll use.

We currently use Frame to create our documents on UNIX. We will eventually
be distributed our products on Windows (maybe NT) platforms too.

Any input would be welcome.

Thanks.

--KEL-A

Kathryn E. Leventhal-Arnold
Documentation Manager Email: kleve -at- hilco -dot- com
Hilco Technologies, Inc. Phone: 314/298-9506 x253
3300 Rider Trail South, Suite 300 Fax: 314/298-1729
Earth City, MO 63045