Printer Software

Subject: Printer Software
From: Mickey Wadia <WADIAM -at- LYNX -dot- APSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 13:14:30 -0600

I have a HP1200C/PS color printer with 4MB memory. Whenever I
extrude text in Corel, for example, the printer takes almost
15 minutes to print just one headline at 48 point size (CG Omega
font, for instance). Problem occurs with texture fills and
extrusions.

(a) Do I need more printer memory or (b) is there some sort of
software that will speed up by 1/2 or greater the amount of
time the file takes to print?

I have heard of these printer-spooler software packages of
some sort, but I don't know if they are *reliable*. Anybody
know of a FAST printing software thingamajig? I can't wait
around 45 minutes to print one flyer.

Of course, same file is no problemo if I switch to 300dpi
laserjet III emulation on my LaserJet4 printer, but then
that output is only B & W and not as neat around edges and
so on. You can reply to me directly or post to list. Thanks.