NON-DELIVERY of: Re: PageMaker Pitfall

Subject: NON-DELIVERY of: Re: PageMaker Pitfall
From: Lotus -dot- M -dot- a -dot- i -dot- l -dot- Exchange -at- TESSPO-VA -dot- SMTRW -dot- LANGATE -dot- SPRINT -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 07:47:00 -0400

--QiRR86bf83rfo9Vw1KQqGQ8DLVt5e98l

Delivery Failure Report

Your document:
Re: PageMaker Pitfall
could not be delivered to:
Ronni Perry -at- CRWMS at DL-Notes -at- DL_CCMAIL
because:
MailEx0010: cc:Mail user name too long.
Routing path:
DLLN2,DLLN2,DLLN2,DLLN2

________________________

--QiRR86bf83rfo9Vw1KQqGQ8DLVt5e98l

RFC-822-Headers:
Comments: To: burhennk -at- smtpgw -dot- liebert -dot- com, TECHWR-L -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu

--QiRR86bf83rfo9Vw1KQqGQ8DLVt5e98l

Kelly,

I use PageMaker a lot as well as FrameMaker and Word. While I have done
manuals in PageMaker, it is a PAGE layout software. That means it is
page-oriented and not document-oriented-- less than ideal for creating
manuals. Cross-referencing, working with footnotes, etc. are more or less
manual operations with PageMaker. However, PageMaker's ability to work
with graphics is superb.

The advice that you've already rec'd on getting a graphic into the document
is helpful. Might I elaborate on how I think your document was set up by
your predecessor? It sounds as if that person cut and paste each page
individually instead of making the whole thing one story. Use Cmd-E to look
at the story in Edit mode. If you only have one page of text in the editor,
then your predecessor broke up the text--for whatever reason.

Are you importing a graphic without using the Text tool? Having the Text
Wrap tool on is useful, but look at how you are using your graphics too.

Hope that helps a little.

Emily
esiris -at- aol -dot- com

--QiRR86bf83rfo9Vw1KQqGQ8DLVt5e98l--