NON-DELIVERY of: Re: Re. moving docs entirely online?

Subject: NON-DELIVERY of: Re: Re. moving docs entirely online?
From: Lotus -dot- M -dot- a -dot- i -dot- l -dot- Exchange -at- TESSPO-VA -dot- SMTRW -dot- LANGATE -dot- SPRINT -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 17:04:00 -0400

--gQwpYsFuIeM9Fk6EzjEh2hFrA7aCfBzU

Delivery Failure Report

Your document:
Re: Re. moving docs entirely online?
could not be delivered to:
Ronni Perry -at- CRWMS at DL-Notes -at- DL_CCMAIL
because:
MailEx0010: cc:Mail user name too long.
Routing path:
DLLN2,DLLN2,DLLN2,DLLN2

________________________

--gQwpYsFuIeM9Fk6EzjEh2hFrA7aCfBzU

RFC-822-Headers:
Comments: Warning -- original Sender: tag was news -at- BUBBA -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Comments: To: techwr-l -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu

--gQwpYsFuIeM9Fk6EzjEh2hFrA7aCfBzU

So far, I haven't seen anyone mention one of the more obvious
problems of taking something entirely on-line (although someone did
mention not being able to have the computer in the bathroom, bus, or
train). If the computer system, network, whatever goes down and
the online guide is the =only= reference you have, you're SOL.

We've been experimenting with taking more of our documents online, and
we're running into trouble with the differences between reading on screen
and reading on paper. I think that's also a problem with going strictly
online.

And, let's face it, as much as we like our techie toys, not all systems
are compatible with each other, let alone with the users.

To the original poster, didn't STC do an article on the differences between
online documentation and paper documentation a couple of years back? I
think they (or the Editorial Eye) would be a good place to start looking
for actual documentation. Both groups seem to be interested in the
similarities-differences between both types of documentation.

Nancy Hayes (nancyh -at- pmafire -dot- inel -dot- gov)

--gQwpYsFuIeM9Fk6EzjEh2hFrA7aCfBzU--