NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: Re: Change Notation...

Subject: NON-DELIVERY of: NON-DELIVERY of: Re: Change Notation...
From: Lotus -dot- M -dot- a -dot- i -dot- l -dot- Exchange -at- TESSPO-VA -dot- SMTRW -dot- LANGATE -dot- SPRINT -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 13:43:00 -0400

--1VYUP32ULG42bQYZUrPjV5fGYsesdgfe

NON-DELIVERY of: Re: Change Notation in HELP

Delivery Failure Report

Your document:
NON-DELIVERY of: Re: Change Notation in HELP
could not be delivered to:
Ronni Perry -at- CRWMS at DL-Notes -at- DL_CCMAIL
because:
MailEx0010: cc:Mail user name too long.
Routing path:
DLLN2,DLLN2,DLLN2,DLLN2

________________________

--1VYUP32ULG42bQYZUrPjV5fGYsesdgfe

RFC-822-Headers:
Comments: To: TECHWR-L -at- VM1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu

--1VYUP32ULG42bQYZUrPjV5fGYsesdgfe

--16c5ErS8xD8HosZEvAeW8uy5cEa4958h

Delivery Failure Report

Your document:
Re: Change Notation in HELP
could not be delivered to:
Ronni Perry -at- CRWMS at DL-Notes -at- DL_CCMAIL
because:
MailEx0010: cc:Mail user name too long.
Routing path:
DLLN2,DLLN2,DLLN2,DLLN2

________________________

--16c5ErS8xD8HosZEvAeW8uy5cEa4958h

RFC-822-Headers:
Comments: To: "Technical Writers List; for all Technical Communication
issues" <TECHWR-L%OSUVM1 -at- UICVM -dot- CC -dot- UIC -dot- EDU>

--16c5ErS8xD8HosZEvAeW8uy5cEa4958h

I missed the beginning of this exchange...but here goes..

> David Demyan wrote:
>> Misti Delaney wrote:

> (snip)
>> any suggestions on how we can indicate to our users that there may be
new >> information since the last time they looked at the help file?
> (snip)

> If Doc2Help allows color formatting in the input, you could try that. Make
> all the new text a different color from the old. But I would make it a
> subtle color change and obviously not green (since links are green).
> Not red since that would signify a problem. How about blue?

If you are using Doc-to-Help, don't use Red or Magenta, since D2H uses
those colrs to mark manual-only and help-only text.

Best,

Bill Konrad
konrad -at- sage -dot- cc -dot- purdue -dot- edu
"Indecision is the key to flexibility."