Use of indexers and indexing

Subject: Use of indexers and indexing
From: Linda Sloan <indexer -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 1995 01:29:31 GMT

I am interested in how technical writers handle the indexing of their
documents. Do you hire a professional indexer, use indexing programs
such as in Word 6, or do it yourself. I understand FrameMaker has some
indexing capabilities but as yet do not know how extensive or capable
they may be. Perhaps some of you might have stories to tell about such
indexing projects. I would appreciate some insight into how you handle
both large and small projects.

Linda Kenny Sloan
indexer -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com