Re: leave it in the locker room

Subject: Re: leave it in the locker room
From: "Kahn, Stacey" <skahn -at- WB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 13:04:54 U

John Renis privately mailed me:

>Gee, Stacey,

>Are you mad because Geoff didn't wink at a malicious grin from you? How
>about lightening up a little? If you can't do that, please save your sarcasm
>for those whose conduct you find offensive (personally, I didn't--nor,
>apparently, did Glenda Jeffrey) instead of forcing the rest of us to read
>it. BTW, I assume Geoff *could* resist a wink from a dull laddie, which
>makes both Glenda's sex and brightness relevant to his reply.

>John -dot- Renish -at- conner -dot- com
>My statements are my own and do not represent Conner Peripherals, Inc.

>-------------
>Original Text
> > From "Kahn, Stacey" <skahn -at- WB -dot- COM>, on 6/23/95 2:31 PM:
> > Geoff Hart wrote:
> >
> > > Glenda Jeffrey maliciously <grin> winked at me, and I never could ignore
> > > a wink from a bright lassy. Hence, my riposte:
> >
> > If you're trying to be funny or cute, it's not working.
> >
> > In fact, unless her sex is relevant to the topic at hand, it's rather
> > offensive.
> >
> > --Stacey Kahn
> > skahn -at- wb -dot- com
> > stacey -dot- kahn -at- neteast -dot- com
> >
> > (opinions mine and not my employers')

I stand by my comments. Looks and sex are totally irrelevant to a professional
conversation .

Anyone who claims to write for a living should be aware that these remarks come
close to sexual harassment. (If you wouldn't say it in a live office, you
shouldn't say it online. And if you *would* say it in a live office, you should
have a qualified lawyer.)

Further, I find it interesting that the only flames I have received for this
response have been from men. Perhaps that's because harassment, or bullying, is
significantly less amusing when you're the one being harassed.