Re: Manuals of Japanese Consumer Electronics Companies

Subject: Re: Manuals of Japanese Consumer Electronics Companies
From: Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- SYL -dot- NJ -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 14:22:18 -0400

Timely subject. We develop software specifically for the Japanese market,
so our user interfaces and documentation are translated to Japanese.
Now our Japanese bosses are looking towards a global market. Just last week,
the director of my organization (through a directive from our Japanese bosses)
requested that I rewrite a user's manual that was translated to English from
Japanese! It
seems the company recognizes that the current quality of the translation and
the presentation of the document do not meet American standards.
Laurie