Re: Printer Software

Subject: Re: Printer Software
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 11:32:24 PDT

On Thu, 22 Jun 1995 13:14:30 -0600 you wrote:

>(a) Do I need more printer memory or

You can never have too much printer memory.

>(b) is there some sort of
>software that will speed up by 1/2 or greater the amount of
>time the file takes to print?

>I have heard of these printer-spooler software packages of
>some sort, but I don't know if they are *reliable*. Anybody
>know of a FAST printing software thingamajig? I can't wait
>around 45 minutes to print one flyer.

I just use OS/2 and let Windows app send to its print spooler rather than use
the Print Manager. For all the app knows, the whole job went to the printer,
bing bang boom. OS/2's spooler takes over and handles everything in the
background without affecting the rest of the system.

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN Internet mion -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.musicwest.com/1040bbs/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446