Reposing private messages

Subject: Reposing private messages
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 23:58:46 -0700

>I've always understood that one does not repost
>another's private email without first asking.

Good rule. However, just as with phone conversations, if someone sends you
something threatening, abusive, or even overly rude, they can't expect you
to extend them that courtesy.

If the person whose mail is "outed" feels wronged, they can answer with
arguments of their own, or even sue.

Ultimately, the group to whom the whole thing is revealed will form their
own opinions of each party's actions. In the case in question here, I'll
keep my opinion to myself. ...RM

Richard Mateosian President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro