Re: Indexing Tools for Word

Subject: Re: Indexing Tools for Word
From: "Sevigny, Josee" <joseey -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 10:08:34 -0400

Sue Heim wrote:
>I agree this is a bit of a work around, but I think it was an easy
>one. Once again, I've no way to compare how long it would take to
>generate an index for the manual (150 page manual, 8 pages of index
>in 2 col/page) by hand versus using the D2H tools.

I don't know how much time D2H would save me, but the Word macro I offered
a couple of days ago saves us a good 2.5 days of work on a 150 page manual.
Where it used to take us 3 days to index, now only takes 2 to 3 hours with
the macro, plus between 1-2 hours to it polish up.
\\|//
(o o)
Josee Sevigny Technical Writer
joseey -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca
M3i Systems Inc., Longueuil, QC