Windows now registered TM

Subject: Windows now registered TM
From: Richard Dimock <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 12:36:30 PDT

I just got the "word" ;) on the Windows trademark.

(It went to my company May 17, and just now filtered down
to us at the rubber/road interface.

As of Jan 10, 1995, use:

Windows^(R) (Thatsa superscript circle R)
Windows^(R) 95

and the footnote legend:

"Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft in the U.S. and other
countries."

BUT Windows NT is still only noted as

Windows NT^TM (Thatsa superscript TM)

Microsoft requests these be changed in your NEXT :) printing.

Come to think of it, this might be an OLD topic that Newbie
is repeating. Heck w/it. Deliver button!

Dick Dimock Artfully Senior Scribe and other titles
AT&T Global Information Solutions
El Segundo, CA Where the population breathlessly awaits
the end of the OJ Simpson trial. Not the
outcome, mind you. Just the END! You think
it's bad where YOU are?