Re: Health advisory: neck and shoulder pain

Subject: Re: Health advisory: neck and shoulder pain
From: Cathy Luther <cluther -at- UNM -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 1995 09:03:44 -0600

On Mon, 3 Jul 1995, Geoff Hart wrote:

> Do you ever have neck or shoulder pain at the end of your working day?
> (Optional: Do you wear bifocals?) The problem may be the <rest cut>

Or you can go the tri-focal route like I did last week. Haven't got them
yet, but even with the table 6 inches lower, short little ole me was
still craning my neck. I never have had a monitor on the box, and I
just dred it when I have to go to one of the pods here on campus to test
something because I really get a kink in my neck then. The tables are
high to start with and the monitors are on the boxes. Made for
7-foot-tall folks, I guess, not us down here at 5-2 :-(

The student consultants get a good laugh when I ask for books and bring a
blanket or jacket to sit on -

Anybody out there gone with tri-focals? I jut got tired of tired eyes,
tired neck, tired everything.....

But Geoff has some good points.

Cheers,
Cathy