Re: Health advisory: neck and shoulder pain

Subject: Re: Health advisory: neck and shoulder pain
From: Bob Morrisette <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 1995 12:41:52 -0700

To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- VM1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu>

On Mon, 3 Jul 1995, Geoff Hart wrote:

> Do you ever have neck or shoulder pain at the end of your working day?
> (Optional: Do you wear bifocals?) The problem may be the <rest cut>

Or you can go the tri-focal route like I did last week. Haven't got them
yet, but even with the table 6 inches lower, short little ole me was
still craning my neck. I never have had a monitor on the box, and I
just dred it when I have to go to one of the pods here on campus to test
something because I really get a kink in my neck then. The tables are
high to start with and the monitors are on the boxes. Made for
7-foot-tall folks, I guess, not us down here at 5-2 :-(

The student consultants get a good laugh when I ask for books and bring a
blanket or jacket to sit on -

Anybody out there gone with tri-focals? I jut got tired of tired eyes,
tired neck, tired everything.....

But Geoff has some good points.

The best solution for me has been Veri-Lux lenses.
They have variable correction from top to bottom
and no visible lines in the glass (or plastic).
A must for those who use glasses for distance, reading,
and computing.

Bob [Why am I working on a holiday?] Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM