Forum 95 - International Conference on Technical Communication

Subject: Forum 95 - International Conference on Technical Communication
From: Alexander von Obert <a -dot- v -dot- obert -at- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 10:21:20 GMT

Hello,

as you might have read, there will be an international conference
about technical communication held in Germany on November 13-15 this
year. Forum 95 is organized by four members if INTECOM: IEEE/PCS of
North America, ISTC in the United Kingdom, STIC/QTD in The Netherlands
and tekom of Germany. I have been a member of tekom since 1983.

Recently, a WWW page was set up at URL
http://www.let.ruu.nl/CLC/forum/forum.htm

There you find lots of information about Forum 95, from the
preliminary program (80+ "activators" with even more papers) to a
registration form.

I will supplement these activities on my own:

- When my Forum 95 papers are finished, I will set up a Forum 95
mailing list. You can get up-to-date information, when you send
an empty e-mail to info -at- twh -dot- msn -dot- sub -dot- org -dot-

- I will offer parts of my Forum 95 paper here for discussion:
"A Writer-Programmer Interface". I will try to develop a check
list to define the basics of writer and programmer cooperation
when writing context-sensitive online documentation. Forum 95
is about interaction and not about "Look, How Great I Am". So,
I will not present a completed paper, but a framework where
you can add your own experience.

More to come...

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander

PS: I know English good enough, that I would not write professionally
in English. So, native speakers, don4t ROFL.