Re: trifocals

Subject: Re: trifocals
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 1995 16:02:23 -0400

Cathy Luther wrote:
Anybody out there gone with tri-focals? I jut got
tired of tired eyes, tired neck, tired everything.....

Yes. I tried standard trifocals, but the little lines drove me nuts.

Now I have something called 'progressive lenses'. No little lines.
Distance prescription on top. Reading presecription on the bottom.
Mid-distance in the middle (state the obvious, Kat; waste bandwidth; see if
anybody notices). Full width of the lens for each focal state, and gradual
transitions between them.

It took me about 2 weeks to get the hang of it --- where to position my
head/neck for each activity --- but now I love them. Except when I'm
walking downstairs. Maybe I should get quadrifocals, with a thin strip of
distance-focus on the bottom so I can see my feet.

@Kat
- view sig with monospaced font & 60char screen window -

Kat Nagel LIFE1 (techwriting) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
MasterWork LIFE2 (music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com

/|
\'o.O' SEEN ON THE 'NET:
=(___)=
U Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (T)hrowup