Re: Re[2]: Health advisory: neck and shoulder pain

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Health advisory: neck and shoulder pain
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 1995 19:49:45 -0700

Donna Menk said:
> >Well, all my wrist/arm/shoulder pain disappeared when I replaced my
> >mouse with a touchpad. So I highly recommend this little change!

> Wow! Tell me more! Besides the standard mouse-work one must do with
> Windoze and Interleaf text files, I do a *lot* of graphics-related work.
> How does it work? And, for our Purchasing people, what's the price range?
> What kind do you have?

I have an Alps Glidepoint. I think it was about $60. I have two
cautions--one is that I would definitely put it on something to bring
it up to keyboard height. The second one is that because the surface
of the glidepoint is small, which means it deals with a
correspondingly small area of the screen, it may not work well enough
for graphics editing. Someone else who has more experience with
graphics and touchpads should probably comment. For general purpose
editing, however, I adore it. I occasionally have to use a mouse, and
I find it awkward and painful.

It took me three days to get used to the touchpad, and all my
wrist/arm/shoulder pain disappeared within a week. I really recommend
the touchpad and lifting weights.:)

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com

First the job, then the money, then the fish. That's how it works.