Re: Should we unionize?

Subject: Re: Should we unionize?
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- CCNET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 07:02:47 -0700

At 15:55 7/5/95, William J. Hartzer wrote:
>Should we have a Technical Writer's Union?

>Perhaps if there were a technical writer's union, the Union could establish
>rates and help with medical, dental, and benefits for those technical writers
>who are contract writers.

>Having contracted some jobs before, I wish I had had a union to deal with
>rather than having to do all of the negotiating myself when it came to setting
>rates and drawing up contracts.

>What do you think?

>Should we Unionize?
===========
There is a TW union. The National Writers Union, part of AFL-CIO. Don't
know what the membership is. I considered it and decided against joining.

Contact:

National Writers Union
UAW Local 1981
Kenya Briggs
236 West Portal Ave, # 232
San Francisco, CA 94127

1-415-474-5007 - office
1-415-979-5522 - Hotline
1-415-731-8726 - Hotline
1-415-474-9302 - Fax

Regards,

Marc

Tecnical Writer Arts & Letters
175 Sierra Dr. # 307 Walnut Creek, CA 94596
santa -at- ccnet -dot- com 510-944-9814 (H)
santa -at- tfs -dot- com 510-645-3469 (W)

"An idiot with a computer is a better, faster idiot."