cliches

Subject: cliches
From: Tammy Hale <tammyh -at- FGM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 14:11:46 -0400

Dear Techwriters,

I'm putting together a technical writing seminar for engineers and would
like some input from you folks.

Do you have any favorite cliches? I want to acknowledge that cliches can be
fun and somewhat useful in spoken language. One cliche I like is "you can't
shake a stick at that."

In addition, what cliches do you HATE? This question is addressed
particularly to editors. As an editor, I've come across incredibly annoying
cliches. I can't use them in my seminar because the writers of those
cliches will be in the audience. One of the worst ones was "When you're
creating a popmenu *on the fly..*" Yuck!

Thanks for your help,

Tammy
tammyh -at- fgm -dot- com